Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 00:10:37 +1000
The error message you've seen is pointed to classical driver problem.

I know a lot of you wouldn't agree with me, but from my side of experience
on ATi card, I'd stay away from the brand. ATi has good hardware capacity,
but never has any good driver support. At work, I have a lot of driver
related problems with ATi cards, whenever I build a machine with ATi card
(only good ATi is old ATi AGP that win2k has native support), I likely have
to compromise on some test to give it pass (otherwise they'll never get
pass) which I never need to do to a nVidia card.

My advise is, look for future driver update (Good luck) if you are already
using the latest driver, or if you just installed the driver on ATi CD,
download the latest driver from net (big download, over 10Mb).

*I personally think that latest ATi radeon 8500 looks good on hardware side,
but I doubt the driver side.

Jun Qian