From:
"David R. Basden" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:04:21 -0700
I recall staring at the Eldico transceiver in the ham mags for months.  Imagine a one cubic foot rig that incorporated both transmitter and receiver in one unit.  There were actually two VFO's that could control either transmit, receive, or amazingly both with one knob!!!  That blew me away in those days.  Of course I couldn't afford anything that state-of-the-art.