From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 15:47:42 -0700
Hi Tom,
Have you considered just buying a complete system from say Dell, Gateway,
Frys, or one of the office stores? For you needs, you will probably be money
ahead going that route, getting the software and OS with the system. You can
get less-monitor if you don't need one. I believe that unless you desire
some esoteric machine you are better off buying pre-built unless you really
want to assemble your own. Building your own isn't that much less money if
at all. You can get a PIII 800 for less than a grand. Use your savings for
broadband if it is available in your area of Fontuky and watch those pages
fly open! Granted there is a great feeling building your own. Just a
suggestion.

Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA

Snipped
My budget will require that I buy the mb, cpu, hd,
etc.., a piece at a time, spreading it out over the next few paychecks, and
hopefully assembling it prior to xmas.  I would like to pass my current
machine intact to my little boy.  Please kindly advise me on what would be
a stable and hardy configuration/combination with economy in mind - no
major graphics/video/music capabilities required here.  I would like to buy
all components new so I can get the accompanying documentation.  Thank you
in advance.  Tom McCoy - Fontana CA