From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:24:53 -0600
>Obesity is not the problem, it is another symptom, like heart attacks >are,
>of the problem.

My question is when, if EVER, the medical establishment will treat the root
cause and quit sustaining lives filled with controlled problems. Here's an
idea - find a cure!  End the problems!  Nip it in the bud!

But no, if that happened we wouldn't need the doctors, nurses and
pharmaceutical companies.  The need wouldn't go away completely, but would
at the very least be drastically reduced.

It's like something between a bad X Files episode and Orwell's "1994" and
it's only getting worse.  I'm not a fanatic, but I am a realist.  And the
more I learn, the more I see simple answers and, more importantly, The Man's
(and society's) refusal to admit that maybe, just maybe, there ARE simple
answers.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO