From:
Will Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:09:33 -0400
Hi Howard,

Thanks for shouting at me!  I got your mail bounced back and didn't know
where to forward the  texts to.  By the way, I offer Science Times/Health
News and Tech Update on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week.  These are
compiled and edited from the N Y Times and distributed free to all blind
and visually impaired folks who'd like to keep up on science, health and
technology.

To subscribe to these titles or my newspaper compilations daily from the
Times and Washington Post just drop me a line.  Below, find my
compilations list for all the weekly and daily titles.

73,

Will, K4SAY
Will

To those interested in my compilations of  print materials on the web:

I offer the following compilations as a freee service to all blind and
visually impaired readers.  Feel free to try one or more publications
e-mailed to you and cancel out any that don't prove to be of interest at
any time. I offer these titles:

Daily:

The New York Times (runs 250 to 350k usually)
The Washington Post (same size to slightly larger)

Weekly:

Tuesdays: Science Times and Health News (105 to 125k)
Thursdays: Tech Update from the N Y Times and W Post
Fridays: Slate, the Online magazine of News and Ideas (runs 350 to 425k)
Saturdays:U S News and World Report (runs 160 to 200k usually)
Sunday  magazines ( N Y Times and W Post papers; runs 275 to 320k)
Sundays: Book World (runs 120 to 135k)
Why subscribe to these texts when it's likely you won't have time to
read them all the way through?  For the same reasons that sighted people
subscribe to print newspapers and magazines with dozens of pages they'll
never read, but just skim over.  You get to choose to read  only those
news stories and articles that interest you.  All items begin with this
search term:

"_next article"

and you can simply read the headline and first few sentences of each
item to see if you wish to jump forward to the next article or setle
back and get the full story.  So while a compilation can have dozens of
articles you might choose to briefly note the headlines and opening
paragraph of most items and read fully that 10 or 12 items of special
interest to you.

The best way to find out aboutthese titles is to try a sample run of an
issue or two, then cancel if you wish.
Happy reading,

Will