From:
John Dorfman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 19:39:24 -0800

Hello all,

First, I want to thank everyone who responded!  A
total of 17 people answered my post.  All your help is
much appreciated.  I ended up ordering the gene test
from enterolab.com.  Now without further ado, here is
the summary.

First, 10 people recommended
http://www.finerhealth.com, http://www.enterolab.com,
or both.  They are connected.  Since I actually
visited enterolab.com before and didn't see it, here
is the direct link to the test for others like me!
https://www.bizsecure.com/enterolab.com/  Just the
gene test alone is the second test from the bottom.

Second, Specialty Labs in Santa Monica, California was
recommended.  There toll free number is
1-800-421-4449.

Third, another person mentioned that two universities
are researching genetic test, one of them being
University of Utah and another one which slipped the
person's memory.  The research is not far enough to be
reliable, but it may still be useful to talk to them.

Now a little more off topic,

One person recommended I ask people at another forum.

The URL is http://forums.delphi.com/celiac/messages

2 people said need gluten challenge and IgA and IgG
tests to confirm.

1 person said need a biopsy to confirm

and another said getting well on a gluten-free diet is
the final diagnosis!

Again, thanks everyone!

John