From:
Kevin Nowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 01:27:15 EST
In a message dated 2/15/2002 5:05:00 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I don't remember if this has been asked before, if so I apologize for
asking
 again.  I have a 233mhz PII on a 440LX that has a 66mhz bus.  May I use PC100
 DIMMS?  I know the bus won't be able to take full advantage of the faster
 ram, but the PC100 and PC133 is much  less expensive and I'll be able to use
 it later if I upgrade to a 100mhz fsb motherboard.  Any comments or
 suggestions?

Thanks for the great input and help!  I bought a stick of 128MB SDRam 168 pin
DIMM PC100.  It's working fine and is recognized by Win98SE.  I checked out
the variety of ram at Best Buy and, as most responses noted, some ram is
backward compatible and some is not.  It was noted on the packaging if the
ram could be used on the 66Mhz bus.

Thanks again, this list is a big help.

Kevin Nowicki