From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 01:40:58 -0500
Gary,

What errors, if any are you recieving?
This sounds like a classic buffer underun occuring.
If so you may try lowering the speed at which it burns.
If the Drive supports Buffer underun prevention, make sure
you check that option before starting the Burn.

A fragment HD can cause buffer underun's as well, so as rule
of thumb, Defrag at least 1 once a month.

Also, I recommend that the CD Writer NOT be on the same
IDE channel as your Hard Drive, the controller will have to
adjust to both devices fighting for use at that same time---which
results in the bandwith being throttled back to allow each device
to transmit it's data accross the channel to each other....This is from
personal experience.

--Patrick Black
P.S.
Also make sure that the total time your burning isn't over the
80 minute time span..... Personally don't put no more than 79
minutes on a 80 CD, and 69 minutes on a 70 minute CD--thus allowing
enough room for the CD to be properly Finalized.