From:
Wilma Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 10:03:35 -0500
Hi, I need help. I have a problem using my fingers. I need a trackball mouse and my pardner wants a reg. mouse. I am using the Logitech Trackan Marble fx on the PS/2 port and my pardner is using the Logitech Optical mouse on the Com1 serial port.
     Under Windows 95, both work perfect. Under Windows 98SE, when you first boot up and the plug and play installs them, both will work perfect until you reboot. then the SERIAL port mouse will not work, showing a yellow flag under the My Computer properties menu. You can remove the com1 device, reboot and let windows find the com1 port mouse and both will again work OK untill you reboot.. I have tried installing both manually, but still no luck. There is no conflict shown when the yellow flag is show.
    Is there a problem with Windows 98se? If so, is there a work around? I am back to windows 95. I have widows 98se and wish to use it, but cannot because of the mouse problems.
  Thank you for helping a handicap person.
Wilma