RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 19:18:59 -0800
When I posted on this issue before, I glossed over the recommendations about
what kind of eggs to get with an overly general agreement.  I should have
mentioned that I don't agree with the preference for "veg fed".  I'm not for
"other chick fed" either, but that's because I don't feel that those two are
the only options.  The most natural diet for chickens certainly is not
vegetarian, since it includes bugs, worms, and other small creatures.  A
free-range chicken would, ideally, get ample opportunity to stray from a
diet of vegetarian feeds.  Just two more cents.

Oh.. and yes, I do like the taste of raw egg yolk.  I've always been a runny
yolk gal.  When I was little, in fact, I used to do the same thing I
described earlier (separating out and popping the yolk) and then put it on
toast.  Delicious!

Re: cramping... It would be interesting to see if doing eggs but no dairy
might help that.