RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
frank kuan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 12:06:38 -0800
Thanks for the input guys.

summary so far:
1. some people allergic to raw egg white but not the
yolk! interesting
2. to minimize health risk, stick with free-range
organic eggs, veg fed as opposed to other chick fed.
3. egg shells are edible

further questions:
1. how do you determine which organic free range eggs
are veg fed and not fed other chickens?
2. has anyone isolated and experimented with eating
raw eggs and compared to the bodily effects to periods
of not eating raw eggs?
3. does anyone actually like the taste of raw eggs?
Carol mentioned it tasting good with condiments, but
what about raw? I think it tastes kind of weird and
gross, but it may be due to not being fresh?
Interestingly, I find egg yolks to be very tasty when
they're cooked just slightly, with the yolk is still
runny. Cooked too much, don't like the taste and dry
chalky texture. Raw, don't like the taste.

details of experiment I'm soon to embark on:
1. I recently cut back from eating 3-5 meals a day to
now eating 2 meals a day, in the hope of gaining more
muscle mass in conjunction with my 2-3 hours of daily
exercise.
2. Energy and stamina wise, I still feel best on 100%
raw vegan, but the alarming weight loss had me temper
it back and experiment with some alternatives, in
addition to the lack of ability to increase peak
strength on 100% raw vegan diet in weight lifting.
After incorporating a little goat milk and raw local
cow milk, and occasional eggs (i'd estimate 6-8oz milk
daily), my peak strength is starting to increase. This
is not to say it's impossible to do as a vegan, but it
sure feels easier this way. On the other hand, I also
don't feel as energetic and not as much endurance,
plus my body fat has jumped up a couple of percent,
even though my diet is still mostly vegan. An
interesting thing is I used to be very lactose
intolerant, only able to consume about 2oz of milk
without discomfort, now my body is able to take 8oz.

3. Back to the 1 a day raw egg thing. Since I'm eating
2 meals a day, a big breakfast, big lunch, and no
dinner, I'm thinking about taking the raw egg at about
6pm on an empty stomach. Do it for two weeks, then
then after 4 weeks of no eggs, see if it has any
discernible effect on my strength.

I'm currently about 15 lb heavier than my lowest
weight as a 100% raw vegan, and the main difference is
I'm stronger, but staminawise, energywise, alertness,
I feel better with the raw vegan way. Also, on raw
vegan internally it feels like my body is lighter, and
circulation is more effortless, whereas with milk and
eggs I seem to cramp more easily on exercise or feel
little weirdnesses and congestions internally. When
the season gets warmer, and there is an abundance of
raw veggies and fruits again, I'm eager to see how
going back to a 100% raw vegan does as far as
maintaining my peak strength that I've augmented
experimenting with milk and eggs.

-fk

http://shopping.yahoo.com