RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
marilyn traber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 06:24:47 -0500
The only question I have about the water/beef connection [and
probably nobody on the list can answer this ;-)] is:

Ok, for sake of argument, pulling these figures out of my bum
because I am not an agronomist:
1 lb corn [maize to the euros among us;-)] takes 5 gallons of
water to produce.
Does this figure reflect the amount of water poured onto the
plant only.
Does this figure reflect the amount of water poured onto this
plant MINUS the water vapor respired by the plant.
Does this figure reflect the amount of water poured onto this
plant MINUS the water vapor respired by the plant and MINUS the
water evaporated from the grain during it's drying process [FYI
corn/maize has to be dessicated before storage or it spoils.]

If the figure does not take into account the amount of water
respired by the plant, and removed from the grain before storage,
then the figure is not correct.
margali