RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 14:39:04 -0600
>The problem too is that Muslims just BELIEVE tradition interpretations
>and these Islamic biases put into the Quran because they are even blind
>believers in their religion and it serves their purposes. As a muslim I
>know there is much in the Islamic faith that is not consistent and as a
>studier of the Quran I know the Quran does not support or proclaim islam.
>Most Muslims don't even understand the Qur'an, they read it and recite it
>for mystical blessings. It's a shame but it is reality. Count on a muslim
>to know Islamic tradition and islamic interepretation of the Quran but
>not on what the Quran is really saying. THey don't really study the
>Quran. The Hadeeths are there main article of faith, not the Quran. And
>wait to you see how numerous and contradictory the Hadeeth are.

Hi Anwar - as a non-Muslim, I'd still be interested in reading the
Quran because I wasn't aware of the distinction between its contents
and the faith that draws inspiration from it. Unfortunately, I'm not
a reader of Arabic. Do you know of any recommended English editions
that would stay clear of traditional Islamic interpretations you
described?

Also, in regards to faith, holy scriptures and diet, what is your
opinion of the Aramaic Essene Gospels which claim that Christ was a
raw vegan (plus goat dairy)?

Thanks,
Jo