RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 20 Jul 1996 11:35:27 -0400
>Does anyone know where I can find information on the ODA (Optimal Daily
>Allowance)?

Hi Paula,

There's a book that came out in the early 70's, called "You Are What You Eat"
that is full of almost nothing but charts and tables of vitamins and minerals
in each food.  It also has lists of foods which are highest to lowest in a
given vitamin.  It's obviously old and may be out of date, but could get you
started.  I haven't seen anything like it since, and used to read it all the
time when I was little.  I think it's one of the things that got me started
being interested in nutrition.  This author seemed to be recognizing the
value of raw foods, also. (something rare in those days) There was always a
comparison of the nutritional value of the food raw as opposed to cooked.
 I'd love to hear if anyone else knows of a similar book that is more up to
date.

shanna