From:
Tom Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 19:41:16 -0800
If your screen saver (the most common) is turned on, it can affect this.
I always turn any screen savers off before starting Disk Defragmenter.
Also, you might want to check your power settings and set them to
"never" turn anything off, before starting. Good luck!

   Tom

Alex E Onslow wrote:

> A couple of days ago I decided to defrag my hard drive because I hadn't done
> it in a while. The problem is it kept restarting over and over again because
> 'the drive contents had changed' even though I wasn't doing anything on
> computer while it was defragging. Is this normal? It did defrag the whole
> drive eventually but it took around 4 hours. My hard drive is 20gb, by the
> way. I don't know the speed of it.
>
> Alex Onslow
>
>         The NOSPIN Group provides a monthly newsletter with great
>        tips, information and ideas: NOSPIN-L, The NOSPIN Magazine
>            Visit our web site to signup: http://freepctech.com

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml