From:
Paul Dalton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 01:21:12 -0500
I purchased a new motherboard (Soyo P4S Dragon Ultra), new processor (P4/1.7) and new drive (WD 120GB) and, at the same time, bought an OEM copy of WinXP Pro.  I would like to start "fresh" with these by using them to replace the current mobo/processor & drive in a system I already have.

However, I am in a quandry about how to accomplish this without at least booting to Win98SE, either the existing drive or a bootable Win98SE floppy.

Could someone provide some guidance for me on how to accomplish this?

I am also somewhat handicapped by the fact that the BIOS in my old motherboard (SuperMicrdo P6DBE rev1) &, I think, Win98SE, will not recognize the full 120GB of the new drive without using WD's disk mamagement software, which would prefer to avoid.

Any suggestions?  A step by step would be really nice.

- Paul

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml