From:
chuck finnigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 09:10:36 -0800
my upgrade from ME was fairly successful. i had problems with a USB/ethernet adapter supplied by ATT @home when they first installed my cable modem a few years ago. i decided to ditch the adapter and found a cheap Asante NIC that restored my connection.

it took me awhile to get my home networking internet connection working as the network properties are quite different than other windows iterations.

i still have a few questions:

in the Systray is an icon for 'Safely Remove Hardware' which when i open, lists my Linksys Homelink Phoneline 10M USB Network Adapter (xp digitally signed). i use two of these to home network our computers via the phone lines. i'm just curious as to why this is in the system tray, and why it's offering to remove a working device? it's a relatively new installation (july).

why do windows installations take their time recognizing PnP hardware? every 3 or 4 reboots, XP (or ME or 9x, whatever) finds some new device it missed in the original installation??!!  just wondering.

system:
AMD Athlon 1.2GB
256 DDR ram
ASUS A7M266 MB