NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 11:26:16 -0500
  Hi :)  We took Hunter to the ped gastro today and he weighs 15 1/4 pounds (what a  little porker) up 1 whole pound from 12/18 ped (assuming scales aren't too different) and he remains at 24 1/2".  He has reflux (which we knew) and she put him on pepcid .8mL 2x a day (20 minutes before feeding if possible).  I am to continue my elimination of milk and also strictly eliminate soy.  Hunter has blood in his stool....she thinks it is either allergies or from the reflux or both.  I have to send in a stool sample in 3-4 weeks; if it contains blood still he will go on neocate and we will investigate further.  If it does not contain blood then we will assume milk and soy allergy and I can either continue my diet or put him on Neocate at that point (I think I'd choose the former).  We are also starting him on rice cereal at night to (1) thicken the feeds and hopefully help the reflux and (2) help him to possibly be just that little but more full and sleep more then 2 hours at a  time at night.  She also said do NOT sleep him on his stomach but propped up on his back....so that's our appt. in a  nutshell.  We see her on 3/9 again (and of course I will call in for the stool results around the first week of Feb).  I will update as things progress.  I am trying to keep an upbeat attitude but a part of me just wants to cry "Why me?" with 2 kids with allergies and GI problems!!  Oh well.....I know I am in good hands with the docs and all the support I have in all of you :)

  Nancy

  "Mothers of little boys work from son-up to son-down!"

  "My sons  are my greatest accomplishment and the opportunity to raise them  is my greatest challenge"