NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cindy Mejia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:30:02 -0400
Warning to anyone that may have been buying Aunt Millie's Homestyle Western
Potato Bread, they just recently added Whey. This bread used to be dairy
free, but my daughter just started having problems with it and today I read
the ingredients again to discover it now has whey.
I just spoke to the company, and they said they just recently made the
decision to add whey. They have not made a public announcement of the
change.
I have asked them to check on the Hamburger/hot dog potato buns, if they
have also had whey added I will get a call back.

I suggested that they should make a public announcement of the change as
this may affect a lot of people.
I also asked that they consider taking out the whey, as this is the one soft
white bread that my daughter could eat.  They do have a pareve Hearth
Old-Fashioned Potato bread, but it is not as soft. My daughter likes it, but
prefers the softer bread.
Maybe if enough people request the whey be removed they would reconsider.
Here is the contact information.
Perfection Bakeries, Inc.
350 Pearl Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
(260) 424-8245 Fax: (260) 424-1477

or log into their web site and do an on-line note:
http://www.perfectionbakeries.com/support

She also said that if anyone needs a complete list of products with and
without dairy, that it is available by contacting them.
Thanks,
Cindy and Isabel