NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:25:28 -0400
I am trying really hard to do the right thing and make the right choices for my son but I am so new to this and trying not to over react and eliminate things that he needs me to, but not eliminate too much (like I know some kids can tolerate cheese or yogurt but not milk it self).  Anyway, trying to get label reading and "other names" for milk products under control.  I did a really dumb (in hindsight) thing today......for breakfast I gave him a Hot Pockets Ham, Egg and cheese sandwich....what was I thinking??  He is so crabby this afternoon.  How long does it take for the child to react to something??  Yesterday was a great day--he had his soy milk, kix, vegi slices and a veggie burger for lunch, green peppers, cucumbers, french fries, chicken,  and watermelon for dinner and home made Italian ice for desert....he was such an angel...napped well, slept well last night.....was good til about 2:00 this afternoon and now he is whiney and clingy and his nose is running a bit.....the only thing I can think of is the hot pockets.....unless it was something from yesterday, but what???

I made an allergist appt with a pediatric allergist--the best around from what I hear--and I can't wait to go.  I feel like in some ways I am overreacting, I mean how am I going to police everything he puts in his mouth??  And in other ways like I am under reacting, feeling like I need to do more, know more, research more, be more careful.....

I am feeling overwhelmed...is this normal??  I know allergies, in the grand scheme of life, are *NOT* that big of a deal but for now, I feel like everything I do, everything I give to my son, I am questioning myself....

Just need advice and support.....I have checked out all the websites, printed lots of stuff out, trying to sort thru it, to hang it up where I see it, put the "good" and "bad" food/product lists in my purse for food shopping.....

Any *personal* advice or personal favorite foods much appreciated!!!

BTW, someone asked what a SHAM, I must have made a typo, I meant SAHM (Stay at home mom).

Thanks for letting me vent....

Nancy
Mommy to Tyler--almost 14 months--suspected milk allergy

"My son is my greatest accomplishment and the opportunity to raise him is my greatest challenge"