BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

No matter what body type you have or how much money you spend, remember: confidence is" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:08:54 -0700
Re:

>I don't but I'm curious how your brother's wedding went.

Well...here's a man 16 years older than me marrying a woman two years
younger than me, two years after his wife of 48 years died.  They're
traveling to the Southwest on the honeymoon, one of those big circle
routes around the canyons.

The wedding was fine, though his (30ish to 40ish aged) kids had a lot
to say under their breath.  Out loud all was good wishes for someone
we were happy for.  But back home, in the bedroom, next to the
antique museum quality hand painted glass and bronze table lamp
belonging to the former wife was the new ceramic piggy bank and the
new lava lamp (I kid you not.) belonging to the new bride.  New
tastes coming to the household.

And a new lease on life for by brother. A chance to get out and see
the world unavailable to him for so many years.  A partner to share
it all with.  Someone he loves and can't stop kissing.  Good for him.
(By the way, his name is Ken too.)

And while the newlyweds are away the children descend on the house to
open the china cabinet, take down artwork and claim those rare and
collectable goodies they were "promised" as children - before the
silk butterflies and painted squirrels go up.  I gave groom and bride
a nice pair of binoculars as a wedding gift, and left with a full
stomach and good conscience.

The Rev. (No, I did not preside.)