EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
clearinghousemi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:17:02 -0700
Hi folks,

I'm wondering if anyone knows about resources for a person with a
progressive visual disability from South Africa to receive training in using
JAWS for Windows, MS office and other software. I have a request from this
person, who wants to come to the U.S. to receive training, but I think there
must be some resources in his country that would be less expensive than
coming all the way to the U.S (and he says finances are an issue for him).
I'll refer him to disability organizations in his country that may be able
to help, but if anyone has other suggestions, I'd be grateful! From his
correspondence, I understand that the technology is all new to him
(including using a computer at all) and his employer recommended that he get
training on it to increase his ability to use the equipment at work. Thanks
for any suggestions!

Tracy Scharn
National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange

If you would like a free copy of "A World Awaits You: A Journal of Success
in International Exchange for People with Disabilities," please send your
mailing address to us:

Mobility International USA
National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange
PO Box 10767
Eugene, OR  97440  USA
Tel: (541) 343-1284 (voice/TTY)
Fax: (541) 343-6812