EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Terry Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 08:50:51 -0500
Here's a link to Macromedia's Dreamweaver Accessibility Features page:

http://www.macromedia.com/software/dreamweaver/productinfo/features/

Dreamweaver's "Check Page for Accessibility" extension produces a very
detailed report that identifies real and potential accessibility
problems, including their location in source code and a reference to the
relevant W3C guidelines. It checks Priority 1, 2 and 3 checkpoints, and
consequently produces a very long, arduous report. The report is similar
to Bobby's, but unlike Bobby its analysis can not (to my knowledge) be
customzied.

Terry Thompson
Coordinator of Assistive and Information Technology
North Carolina State University
Voice: 919-513-3556
TDD: 919-515-8830
Fax: 919-513-2840
email: [log in to unmask]
web: http://www.ncsu.edu/it/dss/

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/07/01 07:24AM >>>
Jim,

DreamWeaver 3.0 is extremely difficult to access using a screen reader.
believe there are other tools which are much more accessible.

There is an add-in for DreamWeaver 3.0 which will help check the
accessibility of a page, but I do not know much about it beyond that at
this
point.

Hopefully, someone else can provide more details.

Thanks,
Tim