C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:30:23 EST
Hi Everyone,

I am so upset and srill crying as I write this. I just got a call from
the
neurologist's nurse saying that I have to go back in the hospital for a
placebo controlled trial of intrathecal baclofen, and stay there from
Tuesday the 19th until Thursday. If I  don't go through the trial, they
will probably not let me get the intrathecal baclofen pump placed at
all,
in spite of the fact that they all know how much it improved my life on
January 25th. I am so angry, even though they say they are doing it bec
ause there is a placebo effect when it comes to pain... I know that,
and I
AM NOT STUPID. What hurts even more is that the neurologist promised me
in
December they would NOT do a placebo controlled trial for me... CAN
ANYTHING ELSE GO WRONG? I have prayed and prayed, and it does not seem
be working.

Does anyone have any words of encouragement for me? I just can't pray
for
myself anymore, and am in so much pain... of course there was no
mention
of any new oral medications either.

PALEASE SAY DOME PRAYERS FOR ME. I KUST CAN'T PRAY anymore.

Jenn