C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:59:11 +0800
Hi Darlene,

Thanks so much for your suggestion and informative post.  I am going
to the doctor tomorrow re the neck pain, and will definitely suggest
an MRI.  I had finished physio a couple of weeks before this flared up
- being a public hosp. they could only give me six sessions.  I have
contacted the CP Assn here and there is a two year waiting list for
physio there.  Funding constraints of course!  But the welfare officer
told me about something that has started up not far (next suburb over
from me) away.  The main teaching hosp. here in Perth has started a
`Late Effects of Disability Clinic' - no explanation necessary!!  So
I'm getting a referral from my doc (oh is she gonna LOVE me, paperwork
from here till eternity ;-).  So I'm looking forward to seeing what
this clinic can do for me, at the very least give me some idea of what
I'm up against with this whole thing.  And even if they can't do much
to help me, I'd at least like the chance for them to use me as a
research subject which may benefit others in the long run.  I'll keep
you all posted as to what I find out.

I'm still in a lot of pain - and next couple of weeks are v. busy for
me, it's my birthday on the 12th (not subtle of me, I know, but if I
don't tell people no one remembers!), and uni starts back the week
after that, so I may not get to post much, but I wanted to say - it'll
be a year on the 9th since I joined this list, and I wanted to tell
you all THANK YOU for your friendship and support in the last twelve
months.  I cannot say how much I appreciate and value you all, this
has been the easiest year of my life, emotionally, and that is thanks
to you all.  I feel privileged and honored to know all of you.

hugs to all
Rayna