From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 01:18:28 -0600
As many of you know, Sterling Guidry, ham call sign W.B.5.W.P.G.
suffered a minnie stroke on June 27th which was probably caused by
a blood clot.  He was hospitalized until Friday July 13 but had to
be readmitted on Saturday July 14 for what was first thought to be
another minnie stroke but was later determined to be an anxiety
attack.  However, he came out last Tuesday and is now home and
doing better.  Some of us are trying to provide at least one person
to be with him when either a sitter or therapist cannot be.  I
spoke to someone who was with him yesterday and she said that both
his speech and comprehension are much improved and that he is doing
more for himself such as fixing his own breakfast.  He will still
need therapy, but he seems to be coming right along and doing very
well.  We all hope he will be back at work soon and be able to be
completely self sufficient shortly.  That's my update for now.
Take care and 73's.

Harvey Heagy (N.5.H.A.U.)