From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:21:55 -0600
To my knowledge it was the second to have a speech chip.  Kenwood had the tw4000 first.  But alass I am getting old so am not sure when the Yeasu version of Kenwood's rig came out.

Thank You!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM

READING SERVICES MANAGER
ICBVI - IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED
P O BOX 83720
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
208-334-3220 ext 104 or 103 +7 = voice mail non-business hours
fax  208-334-2963

>>> Lynn Rosenberg <[log in to unmask]> 07/13/01 03:03PM >>>
Yes they were great radios.  That was the first handheld duel bander.  Don't
know anything about they're moble radios with speech chips.  Never used a
Yausu moble radio.  Lynn Rosenberg