From:
Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:06:54 -0700
Hi!

Does your computer have a serial port other than that upon which your
modem is running?  If so, you may drive an external synthesizer with JFW.
If you have a Braille 'N Speak or Braille Lite, you can use it as the
external synthesizer.

Alternatively, you can buy an upgraded sound card which will handle sound
files *plus* output from JFW.  Personally, I prefer the external
synthesizer solution.

Another alternative, if you have an expansion slot available, is to get a
synthesizer such as the DoubleTalk or TrippleTalk and drive it with JFW,
thus leaving your sound card available for sound files and the Internet.
I also use this method as I have a DoubleTalk internal synthesizer which I
discovered I hat (I bought this coumputer used) after I had used a Braille
Lite as a synthesizer for months.

Happy listening!

Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Amateur Radio: < K 7 U I J >