From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:33:37 -0600
Kevin, and others,

I just got AT&T cable and used zone alarm.  It spoke everything quite well
in setting it up.  I told it not to alert me when someone was trying to ping
me or hack into my computer so it just does its thing in the back ground.
The first time you run a program that literally is accessing the internet,
however, a window will pop up and jaws may not always read this.  You can,
using the jaws cursor, however, get down to the place where it prompts you
to alert you, yes, no, or remember what I said which is a check box.  then
you can route the PC cursor to it and press enter on yes or no and that box
will not pop up again unless you run a totally unrelated program.  For
example, I installed cute ftp and when I tried accessing the net, it popped
up again.  I when through the same jaws rooting cursor to pc cursor and that
window went away.  I don't know about any other programs being speech
friendly but zone alarm seems to work fine with speech.

Phil.
k0nx