From:
Richard Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 09:17:54 -0500
On 2001-06-16 [log in to unmask] said to [log in to unmask]
   >send an e-mail
   >and in the body of the message, type Lookup followed by the call
   >sign. You can look up as many calls as you want, providing each
   >lookup is on a seperate line.

That's my preferred method.  It's actually easier than the world wide
wait.  SEnd your email then get on with life.  A few minutes (or
hours) whichever you choose retrieve email and there's your callsign
lookup, no slow loading web pages, no waiting for that hourglass
symbol.  We all know why that symbol's an hourglass don't we?

I read in this week's arrl letter that QRZ is for sale.  I hope the
new owners when they appear don't decide to ditch the email lookup.
Too many email search engines have been replaced by graphics intensive
crappola with too many ads and no way to initiate your search offline.
I miss wais!!!

On a side note to kg7fa:  WHat's up with n7aac these days?  Haven't
heard him on 14.300.   If you work field day again with him this year
tell him howdy.

By the way folks, I"ll be the late night op on wf0rt probably working
75 and 40 meters.  Might even work some other hours.  That's the Fort
Maddison Ia. radio club, we'll be set up at a park with a generator
and two stations.

73 de kb0ruu

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

If you put garbage in a computer nothing comes out but garbage.  But
this garbage, having passed through a very expensive machine, is
somehow enobled and none dare criticize it.