From:
Henry Brugsch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Henry Brugsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:09:59 -0000
I am also ccing this to the blind-hams mailing list.
Hopefully, this will spark some interest there as well.
Hi, k1hbj again, and with a request for real, meaningful assistance.
I have been up on the qrz site any number of times, having at last achieved,
although not really confirmed loging on.
Thanks to the intervention of someone out there who issued me a password,
and callsign id.
Seems, the account _is_working, but there is a problem, I am not the only
one having difficulty.
The way this site is constructed makes it really difficult for blind users
to follow what is happening. I feel the real issue is the built in
redundancy of each page, I.E. each page looks almost identical to the main
page. Perhaps a useful feature, but the information we are trying to
ascertain, where we are, etc. is virtually buried in repetition.
Using linear accessing capability such as Braille and speech create special
difficulties.
I hope that you can realize that many of us can't make full use of your
services. I am sure you have heard all of this before, and hope you can
listen again with a sense of "what can we do to help?"
Because I like the page, like the idea, and want to become an integral part
of what's happening, as I am sure are numerous of blind computer-literate
amateurs.
So, please hear our call for help in this regard and view it in the spirit
of all radio amateurs with a willingness to help to solve problems. After
all, that's what the hobby is all about.
thanks for listening

Henry Brugsch
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://listentohear.co.uk