David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2001 08:24:16 +0100
Hello All

I run a TS570 at my /a QTH on the coast, and drive/control it with
software.

I have mentioned the two program before on this list, both work in DOS
however.

For main logging I choose to use Turbolog which is available for a free
demo download www.turbolog.com
I choose to use this as it gives a very good DXCC analysis - I have
never tried it in a DOS box on my windows machines.

The second program I use for contesting.  TRLOg written by Larry, N6TR

It gives you a lot more control of the rig.  You can tune up and down
the band using the shift keys.

I have used this through the DOS box with some degree of success.

I use both programs on dedicated DOS machines for shack control.

At a recent U.K. show I was chatting with the Kenwood U.K. guy, strongly
pointing out the inaccessibility of the Kenwood software.

I had my laptop with me and was able to demonstrate the problems.  As I
was considering buying the TS2000 for remote control, I think he took a
bit of notice.

The TS570 is a fantastic little rig, but I still prefer my FT1000MP!!!

In message <[log in to unmask]>, Gary Jackson
<[log in to unmask]> writes

--
David