From:
gerald purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:18:40 -0400
Greetings,
I have an azden 6 meter mobile rig.  You must reference a chart when
entering the pl tones into the radio's memory.  It has a chart with
approximately 50 different tone frequencies.  Each frequency has a
corresponding number.  For example the pl tone of 136.5 has a number of 21
next to it.  When programing a repeater frequency, into the memory, it will
ask you to enter the tone frequency for the transmiting friequency.  For
the example above, you would scroll to number 21.  The one local repeater
has a tone that isn't listed on this chart.  I was wondering if anyone has
had experience with this radio.  I'm trying to find a way, if possible, to
bypass this set up and manually program a tone in that isn't on this chart.
                        73's and thanks, Jerry Purcell kc8lau