From:
Henry Brugsch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Henry Brugsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 16:28:02 -0000
Is this inventing the wheel? I have the scanned version of the manual, and
it's not of too much use, since the real info necessary isn't really there,
I.E. which button does what.
I have a few notes that I have drawn up for my own use. Any other vx5 users
want to play this game?
Ireckon we could put together a real good vx5 user's guide for blind
amateurs.
And, perhaps make it available on this list.
This is partially a selfish enterprise, I want to get to know the radio
better, but I don't have enough feedback on some of the functions to be able
to sort out some of the utilities, such as ctcss. For example: does ctcss
always default to 100, or does it remain where you set it. If the latter,
for how long.
I have found, that it seems to remain, but after a time, it seems to default
to 100, no matter what.
How far away is 67, from 100. What I'd like is a listing of all the jumps.
Then, I could count.
It has been said that this is an inaccessable radio, and perhaps it is, but
I really like it a lot, and I for one don't want to be coersed into buying a
different one without the functionality, and robust construction that's
found in the vx5.
So, anyone else out there using one of these things?
73
regards
Henry Brugsch
mailto:[log in to unmask]