From:
Walt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 08:29:01 -0400
Somebody remind me, but wasn't one of the old bunch that used to QRM 14.330
a guy named _Mike_ Flippo from somewhere in Florida?  I just did a search
for the last name Flippo in the QRZ database, and there's a younger Mike
Flippo living in Georgia, but nobody with that last name anywhere in
Florida.  The guy I'm thinking of was an old guy and a great pal of Herb,
KV4FZ, and had a KA4 call.

==>FLORIDA MAN CONVICTED OF DELIBERATE INTERFERENCE, UNLICENSED OPERATION

A Florida CBer accused of jamming Amateur Radio operations and
transmitting without a license was convicted in federal court June 19 on
eight misdemeanor counts. Willam Flippo of Jupiter was found guilty of
four counts of operating without a license and four counts of deliberate
and malicious interference. The jury deliberated about 30 minutes.

Federal District Court Judge Daniel T.K. Hurley noted that, while the
charges were misdemeanors, it was important that the amateur airwaves be
free of interference in the event of an emergency. He ordered that Flippo,
60, remain in custody and undergo a psychiatric evaluation prior to
sentencing.

<remainder omitted>