From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 11:31:18 +600
For those of you who do a lot of traveling or who may be attending
one of the upcoming conventions, I have a tip for you.

When I was at the A.B.B.A. tournament last weekend, I discovered
that the hotel restaurant and sports bar gave A.A.R.P. members a 20
percent discount although in the case of the sports bar it was on
food only not on alcoholic beverages.  We had to show our A.A.R.P.
card so they could write our membership number on the checks. It
may not be much, but 20 percent is 20 percent right?

I asked about an A.A.R.P. rate for the room, but they said that the
rate we were already getting was a better one than the A.A.R.P.
rate and they only allow one discount.

So if you are in a restaurant, store, Etc. ask about a discount for
A.A.R.P. members.  That's something to keep in mind for hotel
restaurants at upcoming conventions.

To be eligible for A.A.R.P. membership, you don't have to be
retired, but a person must be 50 years of age or older.  But if you
have a spouse who is under 50 they are automatically eligible for
A.A.R.P. membership, but one of the 2 must be 50 or older.

They will also send you your membership card in braille and braille
information on some things if you request it.  It's not the
greatest braille but at least it's braille.  My membership card,
for example, is written in grade 1 braille.
73's to all you fellow hams.

Harvey Heagy (N.5.H.A.U.)
"the flesh says, "I'll fix it.  God says, "let me fix it."
Dr. Charles Stanley