From:
Walt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 07:16:17 -0400
Phil -

I don't know of too many completely free-standing towers that are over 50
feet that will carry much of an antenna load, but I have the HDBX-48 (guess
how tall it is <g>).  It was installed in the factory-recommended amount of
reinforced concrete and will, the guy who poured the concrete assured me,
outlast my house by at least a hundred years.  You might want to check out
this URL for information on ROHN towers, recommended antenna square footage,
and heights:

http://www.rohnnet.com/CommPro/Towers/BX/BX.htm

They have 48-foot, 56-foot and 64-foot models, but take a look at the
recommended antenna square footage as the height goes up.  DIn other words,
know what you plan to put atop the thing before you decide.  ROHN is
notoriously conservative with their load recommendations, but living where
you do, I personally wouldn't risk overloading any of their towers.

--
 Walt Smith - Raleigh, NC