From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:48:58 -0400
To the best of my limited knowledge, the vs-3 does not tell you what the
menues are, just  the number and setting.  I think there is a  text scroll
at the bottom of the display, but if you can't see it, so what.

Kenwood does have a free download of a program that handles menus and
memories.  It's pretty basic but I've found it helpful.

The vs-3 will read s-meter.  If you set the  pf key to read the s-meter you
can read freq by hitting enter twice.

Good luck, lots to learn, but lots of fun.

I think it's true packet spots can be announced in either voice or cw, but
haven't played with it yet.
73 Steve
.