From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:43:15 -0600
Ok gang,

What is your favorite mobile antenna?  I have a  partial set of the old hustler antennas and even a gadget that will let you put 4 of them on top of your mast but that beehive really puts a strain on things so mus be guyed in some manner.  I am not eager to use that arangment anyways while mobile, but will do single band for the time being changing resonators if needed.

Aside from the screwdriver automatic antennas today and the old webspanners which are Nye unto impossible to obtain, are there other fixed band units of note?

I seem to recall that there was at one time a ham-stick helically wound vertical but am coming up blank as to its' manufacturer.  I do not need the fancy auto tune gizmos but just a basic system for mobile. I can use the hustlers if I can find all the coils and get them retuned as missing some of the whips, but I do not have access to the warc with those unless someone is making resonators for them.

Thank You!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN

http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM

VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
P O BOX 83720
341 W WASHINGTON
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012

208-334-3220 ext 104 +7 = voice mail
fax  208-334-2963
Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services