David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 09:48:51 +0000
Hello Jed

Further to Terry and Gary's comments.

If you already have one, then purchase or building of a noise bridge
would help.  Smith-kettlewell published a design for one some 20 or so
years ago which I built but no longer use and think have chucked it.

If you haven't already got a tuner, nor the P2000, it may be worth your
while comparing the joint cost with that of the SGS232 Smart Tuner (they
are based near Seattle).
This is an automatic ATU which needs 12v to power it - when working /p
and /a I plug it into the 13.5V socket on my rig.
It only needs .5 seconds of 1+ watts to tune at any frequency from top
band to 10 metres.
I think the cost is in the order of 300$ for the 100W version, they do a
500W version also.

Check prices as I have had mine for about 3 years.

The net result is that you don't need to know the SWR or tune as it is
all done for you.

Hope this helps.

de Dave G3YXX

In message <[log in to unmask]>, Jed Barton
<[log in to unmask]> writes

--
David