From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 17:03:05 -0700
I have digital  and analogue as well.  The tower is shared with the State District 3 highway department as well.  they have some remote telemetry at 450.010 which aside from a good band edge marker, creates more hassle than the cell stuff does.  My pro2006 is the best behaved of all my radios as it is probably the least sensitive currently on a UHF corner reflector pointed at the talles  mountain across the valley.  In the winter it gets great bounces on the snow cover.  My fr2700rh needs a tune up as it is old and showing its age so it tends to hear more intermod than does the two has.  I general do not use them at home so miss a lot of the problems with them.  Computer generated noise causes me more problems from the PC ddvd digital cable  microwave oven security system and  a neighbors weed  chopper.  this last is a test for age discrimination, grin!

Thank You!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN

http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM

VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
P O BOX 83720
341 W WASHINGTON
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012

208-334-3220 ext 104 +7 = voice mail
fax  208-334-2963
Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services

>>> JEFFREY MICHAEL KENYON <[log in to unmask]> 03/27/02 02:03PM >>>
Well, I live in easy RX distance of many cell sites, and I hear the
immages all the time.  Some gatgled, and some clear, and I noticed the
same thing when I was in Florida.  Do you have digital and analogue on
that tower or just one or the other?  Here it is about 50-50.