From:
Anthony Vece <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 11:46:46 -0500
Hi Everyone;

This radio works just like any other Kenwood with the exception of the joy
stick.

The menus, for the most part are settings that can be left in the default
position.

The only settings I changed was Menu #1 that lets the scan stay on that
frequency while a signal has it keyed up.

When the carrier drops, the scan moves to a different frequency.

For those of you who are "frightened" of the menus, get the software, put in
everything you need and then you could experiment and work with the radio.

If you change anything inadvertently, you could always reload your file from
the software.

The software can be found on the Kenwood web site.

On the other hand the cable you need is the PG4P.

You could find that at almost any amateur radio store.

Incidentally, it took me about a week or so to learn the radio.

Have fun.

73 DE ANTHONY W2AJV
THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN SCANNED
WITH THE LATEST NORTON