From:
Walt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:00:44 -0500
John -

I said twice that the most likely cause was that some node on the network
had restored a large number of files that they'd dumped to tape.  I've seen
this happen before, although it's rare.  A node gets backed up, offloads the
surplus files to tape, then restores them.  Sometimes, the original offload
still gets through and sometimes it doesn't, meaning that you may or may not
see duplicates like we did this weekend.  Usually, the restore was an error,
as I think it was in this case.

--
 Walt Smith - Raleigh, NC