From:
Matt & Ron <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt & Ron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 19:17:13 -0500
Hi Jed, I am talking too another blind ham, Tom KB3DBL, he has the new
Kenwood TS 2000.
He has found the rig to be very accessible for a blind hams point of view.
The speech reads the frequency and the s meter and it also tell what number
menu you are in, you should make a cheat sheet of all 63 menus.
So you know what each menu does, it doesn't read the names of the menus,
just the number.
Once you are in the menu, it will tell you the value of your setting or
whether the menu is on or off.
Most of the buttons on the front of the rig either tell you in Morse code
what they are or give hi or low beeps.
If you want anymore information, write to Tom KB3DBL at
PS.. I think all blind hams would love to have this rig!
73's
KB3DBL, KB3EEU, & KB3EDC
Matt & Ron Kolesar & The Puppies...