From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:27:32 -0700
Hello All,

I have always had interference problems with my Icom IC-2410 which is a dual band mobile I use on the base station into a high gain colinear antenna for both bands.  Boise is an extremely saturated and strong RF environment and it just can't handle the load on receive.;  I have been on several swap services and so on offering to trade someone this rig straight across for two single band radios.  I have specified it would probably need to go to someone in a less populated environment to minimize the interference problems.

My question for the list is what single band rigs for 2 meters and 70 centimeters are the most accessible?  To what extent do I need to worry about parts unavailability such as the VS1 chips for Kenwoods and so on?  Are there any dual band rigs which are newer technology and would be accessible?  The minimum I need in a radio are accessibility for a total, tone encoding and about 20 memories.

I would really appreciate any suggestions anyone can give me.  Thanks much and 73.
Kevin, K7RX

Kevin Nathan, Adaptive Technologist
Idaho Commission for the Blind & Visually Impaired