Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:57:24 -0600
How about the IC7000 for VHF UHF too!  I saw it and some equivalent radios on Grove Enterprises site but whew the prices.......  When they first came out I could have afforded one but with teenagers.....

Anyone have experience with the Icom r3 handheld receiver?  Among other things this unit goes up to 2.3 for fast scann tv links.

Thank You!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM

READING SERVICES MANAGER
ICBVI - IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED
P O BOX 83720
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
208-334-3220 ext 104 or 103 +7 = voice mail non-business hours
fax  208-334-2963

>>> Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]> 09/05/01 01:56PM >>>
The Radio Shack DX-392 has a casette deck built-in.  I do not believe that
it is being manufactured anymore; I bought mine on close-out in July of
2000.  However, I should think that there might well be a replacement.
The receiver was built by Sangean but I do not know the equivalent model.

Note:  this is one of the usual portable SW receivers suitable for casual
SW listening; it does a pretty fair job.  But it's not up to the standards
of, say, a KenWood R-5000 or equivalent communications receiver.  (Boy, do
I wish I had bought one of those.)

Hope this helps.

Mike Freeman <[log in to unmask]>
Amateur Radio: < K 7 U I J >