Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:40:23 -0600
Phil, that is what got me last summer on my 40 footer.  the ropes had rotten due to UV exposure  and the one g5rv did not provide enough support in the proper directions to keep the tower from twisting  and folding over at the too level.  this is about 12 feet up the mast.  the base was on my deck with a flange around its' base about 4 foot above ground level which puts the roof bracket 16 feet above ground level at the base of the tower.  my lot is sloping so the actual tie down points were also slightly different as one was across  a stream at the back and low point of my property.  A cottonwood tree was used for this point about 8 feet above ground and kids reach.  the other tie downs were on the roof eves of the house about 12 feet above ground level and 10 feet above the base of the tower.

A good question here is what guy medium (metallic and non-metallic) works in various situation masts, 25 g etc.?

Thank You!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN
http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM
member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services

VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
ICBVI - IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED
P O BOX 83720
BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
208-334-3220 ext 104 or 103 +7 = voice mail non-business hours
fax  208-334-2963

>>> Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]> 10/23/01 01:36PM >>>
Before I put up two rohn 25G towers, I had a radio shack 40 foot push up
mast.  I had it bolted to the back of the house at the roof level and my 80
and 40 meter inverted V antennas on it.  No guys except, of course, for the
antennas themselves.

Phil
k0nx