RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anwar J Goins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 01:12:58 -0400
As long as freedom of religion and way of life is guaranteed then the
situation is cool. Though the Koran makes it obvious that one should be
ready to defend one's beliefs if attacked. In this case this is
empowerment of those who believe in God so that they would never fall
helpless if this state were to fall apart or turn against them. When the
believers cannot live life according to God's law they are to defend that
right to do that against those who are stopping them from this. And when
I say fight, fighting and struggle(jihaadun) can be done in many ways.
Obviously the best way is the most effective way. If violence is not
necessary then it should not be used(this is unjust) but when it is
necessary then it is to be used. one who believes in God and finality
when wronged is to help themselves. Naturally you will help yourself in
the best way you can, and the most just way if you uphold justice,
another principle which is supposed to be upheld by this same believer.
Peace and coexistence is one thing, but vulnerability and dependance are
another. The latter two are not smart choice either. The Qur'an commands
being peacable but knowing how to help oneself and helping oneself when
one needs to. Also not taking mercy in the most efficient ways on those who
will not let you live in peace because of your religion. I expect no less
from any other group, the Qur'an commands that all others '
freedom of religion, order and way of life also be protected. If it is
not then this is oppression and is to be stopped. The Qur'an gives the
guidlines for a community who believes in God and finality to be a
peacekeeping nation, upholding freedom religion, order and way of life
for all others and respecting the right of others to live as they would
like to live as long as it is not threat to his right. laa ikraaha
feedeeni: 'There is to be no forcing in religion, order or way of life'
Adkhuloo feesilmi: Be peacable 'illaa alladheena aamanoo wa
&amiloosawlihaati wa dhakaroollaaha katheeran wantawsaroo min ba&dimaa
dhulimoo: But as for those who have believed in God and finality, may they
work all that is good and right. May they be mindful of God often and
help themselves after they have been wronged.
wa maa lakum laa yuqaatiloona fee sabeelillaahi wal-mustawd-&ifeena
minarrijaali wannisaa'i wal-wildaani alladheena yaqooloona rabbanaa
akhrijnaa in haaadhihil-qaryatidhaalimi ah-lihaa: And what is the matter
with you that you will not fight in God's cause concerning the oppressed
and weak among men, women and children. Those who utter: " Our lord, save
us from this civilization, it's people are unjust." wa qaatiloo
feesabeelillaahi alladheena yuqaatiloonakum wa laa ta&tadoo inna allaha
laa yuhibbu al-mu&tadeena" And fight, for God's cause, against those who
fight you. But do not go too far. Truly God does not like those who take
things to far."

But the most imporant here are that urge us to fight for those who are
oppressed as well as the command that there is to be no forcing/coercing
as it concernings order, religion and way of life. The only cause of war
is in defence and elimation of a declared threat against oneself and
freedoms. If anyone want's more passage on this just let me know. There
are a ton of these that deal with how those who fight others(namely
believers in God and finality) for their beliefs are to be dealth with by
the Qur'an. But we already have this community of believers in God and
finality being ordered to uphold the freedom of order/religion and way of
life and being urged to come to the aid of others who are oppressed.

 Godbless,
Anwar