RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martha Brassil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 22:05:07 +0100
Hi David, I am not just quoting from what I have read in the alternative
field. Like you I have tried various diets and have learnt how to trust my
own body to choose what is right. If you look at the Chinese classification
of foods into yin and yang you may get a better understanding about what I
mean. I need a lot of more yin foods such as fruit and vegetables to keep me
in balance -these are full of alkaline minerals which I obviously need. If I
eat too much protein then I feel acidic and tense. But that is me and there
are people like me and people like you who seem to do well on lots of
protein. Incidentally what is your body type?Are you tall and broad or thin?
Without sufficient alkaline minerals calcium can be taken from the bones to
neutralise the acididty in meat. This can be counteracted by eating plenty
of a variety of green vegetables.
In a detox regime the body rids itself of excess acidity, therby lowering
the toxic level of the body. This has been explained by the Gerson institute
for alternative cancer therapy. They have a web site that you can visit.
They advocate a high alkaline diet as this type of diet is deeply cleaning
to the tissues, juices , salads etc.
Hope this answers your question.
Regards
Martha