RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:59:46 -0400
I love the ohsawa pot I have!

Hell, get one even if your rice isn't burning!

[I do the low carb thing, but make a great ohsawa pot cauliflower
'rice' by using it to cook the cauliflower until just tender, and
run it through a potato ricer. I have found that boiling and
regular steaming just seem to get the cauliflower soggy. I feel
it is the ceramic on the pot that absorbs the extra moisture
rather than the veggie bits.
margali
[I got mine from Gold Mine Natural Foods :
http://www.goldminenaturalfood.com/index.htm
They are really great about getting a catalog out. Also one of
the few affordable sources for the agar-agar flakes!
~~~~~
The Quote Starts Here:
If you burn rice in a pressure cooker, try using an Ohsawa pot in
the pressure
cooker. I have never burned anything cooked in an Ohsawa pot,
even when it was
cooked for twice as long as it should have been.

Don